Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I'm a klutz but you knew that.

So last night I was talking to a Saw You at Sinai dude(a Jewish dating website.) I'm a little bored so I'm multitasking as usual. I'm putting away some dried dishes when I got attacked by 3 of my shot glasses. 1 landed in the sink, 1 landed in a bowl that was in the sink, the last hit the floor and shattered. I of course am barefoot in the kitchen cooking (I know it sounds like the beginning of a bad joke) and I was trying to get out of the kitchen but instead managed to step on a piece of glass. Ok so I can't walk and I hobble to my bed and had my cell phone right there (thank g-d)and called my parents who did not pick up. Called my really good friend/neighbor who came up with my keys and helped me. She is awesome. I asked her what she thought and her comment was that I should call Hatzala (for those of you who do not know it is a Jewish ambulance company they generally move faster than 911) They came, three married guys (I knew they were married b/c I asked) they did not have a flashlight (which I found mildly ridiculous how are you an EMT/Paramedic without flashlights) so my friend had to find one in my apt... I rarely use flashlights. Basically it was a wham bam thank you ma'am they think the glass is no longer in there and they left after recommending that I soak my foot in some soapy water and keep an eye on it. I'm doing that. In the meantime I went to the gym today and exercised on a bike attempted an elliptical machine but my foot decided that wasn't going to work. Ah well. Some things never change.

No comments:

Post a Comment